Welcome back to everyone returning after the holidays and Happy Lunar New Year to everyone who was celebrating over the weekend 🐇
We had a lot of fresh content posted last week, so I'll do my best to pick out some themes, but please forgive any oversight on my part!
A warm welcome 👋
to @devinterrupted and @jit_mvs who joined us recently 🤗 - we encourage you to share a bit more about yourself in the Welcome Thread when you get a chance.
👉 If you're new here and would like some suggestions for people to follow who share your interests, we welcome you to share a bit about what you're working on and what you're like to learn and share!
Final call for the webinar on CloudOps and Cybersecurity Predictions for 2023 tomorrow, 24 January 24 at 10AM PST, with @haviv and special guest Sarbjeet Johal.
Register on the BlinkOps website here. This event will be hosted by the Blink team, and they're available to answer any questions you may have in the comments below.
Let's kick off this week's round-up with a review of the wealth of Kubernetes content our community has blessed us with:
- @danielepolencic shared not one, but two K8s guides: this hands-on tutorial for building an ingress controller in bash and an explainer on why you can't ping a Kubernetes service 😎
- Meanwhile, @argonaut's double-headliner included a primer on Managing Kubernetes Secrets,
- and @the_cozma is back with this breakdown of a couple of security benchmark monitoring tools for Kubernetes 🥳
We also gorged on AWS and AWS-adjacent content:
- courtesy of our new friends @jit_io, who shared this runthrough of how they fixed their
- @eyalestrin outlined strategies to mitigate being caught out by a lack of cloud resources , and followed this up with the first part of a new series on cloud native apps.
- @techielass rounded it out with a tutorial on installing Terraform in the AWS CloudShell ✨
Phew! And there was so much more, ops friends...
- Another post from @techielass reviewed six common CI/CD tools - your preferred tool didn't make the cut? Join the discussion in the comments on Sarah's post!
- @techwatching is really leaning on us for that Pulumi badge with this consistent content! This week, Alexandre walked us through using Pulumi Watch for hot reload 💫
- and @lnxchk introduced us to chaos engineering practices while sharing the PagerDuty team's Rundeck Community Survey with the promise of prizes 🎊
What are you planning for the week ahead?
👉 Let me and the community know by commenting below. I'll be checking back with you next week to see how it went!
Top comments (3)
At Blink, we just hosted our first webinar today! We'll be sharing out the recording soon, and hopefully be able to host another one soon.
Congrats, Blink team 🥳
Me? I'm just hoping I can keep up with y'all in the coming week... 😅