Welcome back to another weekly post here on the Ops Community 🤗 Every week, I round up the previous week's activity and encourage you to commit your plans for the week to come.
What are you most proud of from the past week, and what do you hope to achieve this week? Let us know in the comments below!
A warm welcome 👋
to @ehanlon, who joined us this week from Microsoft - Eammon leads an internal Azure experience team, so we all know where to look for answers to our trickier #azure questions!
To all our new and future members, we would love to meet you in the Welcome Thread. Stop by to say "hello" like @ehanlon did last week 😊
👉 If you're new here and would like some suggestions for people to follow who share your interests, we welcome you to share a bit about what you're working on and what you're like to learn and share!
💫 #finops has been our tag of the week (and will probably be our tag of 2023 if current trends have their way)
- @patrick_londa shared an ops-optimization guide from @blinkops,
- meanwhile @dabjazz has been sucked into the concept thanks to 30 Days of Code Have more to add to the #finops conversation? Share your thoughts in the comments on Yash's post 💪
- In other news, @eyalestrin shared another great conceptual overview, this time on immutable infrastructure in cloud security,
- @yanivbh1 from the @memphis_dev team shared their forecasts for 2023 (nice work on the organization posting, @avital_trifsik 🙌)
- @eriklz shared a recent Pulumi mini-challenge tutorial/retro as well as the latest Tidy Cloud Bulletin which is packed with nuggets of insight and keen observations (as usual!)
- the PagerDuty Team are still busy as ever (when do they sleep?!) and would love to hear from you: Where are you hanging out online while Twitter is fraying at the seams?
Pro-tip: if your answer is "Mastadon", there's a Share to Mastadon option from the "More Options Menu Icon" beneath the reactions icons to the left of a post; if you'd like to embed Mastadon content, please consider contributing to this GitHub Discussion on the Forem repo requesting the addition.
What are you planning for the week ahead?
👉 Let me and the community know by commenting below. I'll be checking back with you next week to see how it went!
Top comments (7)
👋🏻 This week I'm trying to figure out Mastodon. So your "share to Mastodon" tutorial is highly relevant, @ellativity!
I've signed up at @firstname.lastname@example.org and would love to follow folks from this community over there.
Other than that it's a holiday weekend so I and the other PagerDuty folks will be catching up on all that sleep we've been missing. :D
I've been curious about Mastodon since Twitter's been in the news 🤔 TBH I never got into Twitter much, so this is greenfield for me.
@ehanlon I'm finding Mastodon pretty fun -- I think probably it would be even more fun if you weren't trying to compare it to Twitter all the time.
Yes! That sleep is so overdue!
Set up my mac for practice CKA. I using vagrant and virtualbox at the moment. Right now, I am at setting up Certificate for master node.
Shout out to @eyalestrin for their post on immutable infrastructure. 💯
It's prompted some reflection this week to make plans for chipping away at our monoliths ⛏️
If you're not already following Eyal, I recommend! Some content goes well over my level of comprehension, but I still find myself reading and nodding along ☺️