The Ops Community βš™οΈ

Cover image for What do you hope to achieve this week?
Ella (she/her/elle) for The Ops Community

Posted on

What do you hope to achieve this week?

Welcome back to another weekly post here on the Ops Community πŸ€— Every week, I round up the previous week's activity and encourage you to commit your plans for the week to come.

What are you most proud of from the past week, and what do you hope to achieve this week? Let us know in the comments below!

A warm welcome πŸ‘‹

to @ehanlon, who joined us this week from Microsoft - Eammon leads an internal Azure experience team, so we all know where to look for answers to our trickier #azure questions!

To all our new and future members, we would love to meet you in the Welcome Thread. Stop by to say "hello" like @ehanlon did last week 😊

πŸ‘‰ If you're new here and would like some suggestions for people to follow who share your interests, we welcome you to share a bit about what you're working on and what you're like to learn and share!

ICYMI

πŸ’« #finops has been our tag of the week (and will probably be our tag of 2023 if current trends have their way)

Pro-tip: if your answer is "Mastadon", there's a Share to Mastadon option from the "More Options Menu Icon" beneath the reactions icons to the left of a post; if you'd like to embed Mastadon content, please consider contributing to this GitHub Discussion on the Forem repo requesting the addition.

Share to Mastadon option on More Options Menu

What are you planning for the week ahead?

πŸ‘‰ Let me and the community know by commenting below. I'll be checking back with you next week to see how it went!

Top comments (7)

Collapse

sparklingrobots profile image
Tara King

πŸ‘‹πŸ» This week I'm trying to figure out Mastodon. So your "share to Mastodon" tutorial is highly relevant, @ellativity!

I've signed up at @sparklingrobots@indieweb.social and would love to follow folks from this community over there.

Other than that it's a holiday weekend so I and the other PagerDuty folks will be catching up on all that sleep we've been missing. :D

Collapse

ehanlon profile image
Eammon [he/him]

I've been curious about Mastodon since Twitter's been in the news πŸ€” TBH I never got into Twitter much, so this is greenfield for me.

Collapse

sparklingrobots profile image
Tara King

@ehanlon I'm finding Mastodon pretty fun -- I think probably it would be even more fun if you weren't trying to compare it to Twitter all the time.

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

Yes! That sleep is so overdue!

Collapse

pacozaa profile image
pacozaa

Set up my mac for practice CKA. I using vagrant and virtualbox at the moment. Right now, I am at setting up Certificate for master node.

Collapse

ehanlon profile image
Eammon [he/him]

Shout out to @eyalestrin for their post on immutable infrastructure. πŸ’―

It's prompted some reflection this week to make plans for chipping away at our monoliths ⛏️

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

If you're not already following Eyal, I recommend! Some content goes well over my level of comprehension, but I still find myself reading and nodding along ☺️