Hey hey Ops Community, Happy Monday again!
I hope you all had a waaaay better week than I did... After a series of unfortunate (and genuinely scary) events, I managed to rest up over the weekend and recover much of my strength, so this is gonna be a catch-up week for me. (I apologize in advance for any delayed comments that I make on your posts!). Many thanks to Patrick, Brad, and the mod team for having my back 💛
Still got that treat heading your way - let's hope this week lets me drop it! 🤞
A warm welcome 👋
to all our new members this week. We would love to meet you in the Welcome Thread. Stop by to say "hello" 😊
👉 If you're new here and would like some suggestions for people to follow who share your interests, we welcome you to share a bit about what you're working on and what you're like to learn and share!
- @nvsblmike had a question about using git with Ansible that was helpfully answered by @jmarhee and @kingsathurthi - We love your questions! Keep on asking and learning from Ops Community members - and thanks to those who suggested solutions 🙌
- @eyalestrin broke down some key considerations for sustainable cloud ops ♻
- we were treated to a duo of
cloud-init-centered tutorials from both @kaiwalter and @jmarhee ✨
- @avital_trifsik has been on a hot streak with back-to-back Memphis Dev content on streaming databases and search architecture 🔥
- @lboix has also been posting up a storm, with a K8s upgrade checklist, and a library of snippets they've compiled 📚 Thanks for sharing, Lucien!
- @argonaut continues the content trend for reducing cloud costs 💸
- @eriklz shared some super-handy skills progression and productivity recommendations that I'm looking forward to checking out! 🤓
- Congrats to the PagerDuty Team for getting a Japan office to hang out in! 🥳🍱 PagerDuty are also looking for guests for their podcast Page It To The Limit, so reach out to the team if you're interested or know someone who would make a great guest!
What are you planning for the week ahead?
👉 Let me and the community know by commenting below. I'll be checking back with you next week to see how it went!
Top comments (2)
This week, I'm working on a few different blogs about upgrading EKS, AKS, and GKE clusters. Regardless of the tool, you have to communicate internally each time. Hoping to get them done this week before heading on vacation for a few days.
Oooh, vacation is exciting!
And it's hard to overstate the importance of communicating with your team and internal stakeholders. As someone who is guilty of under-communicating, the more reminders the better (even when they're not even directed at me!).
Looking forward to reading!