Hey hey Ops Community, Happy Monday again!
I hope you all had a waaaay better week than I did... After a series of unfortunate (and genuinely scary) events, I managed to rest up over the weekend and recover much of my strength, so this is gonna be a catch-up week for me. (I apologize in advance for any delayed comments that I make on your posts!). Many thanks to Patrick, Brad, and the mod team for having my back 💛
Still got that treat heading your way - let's hope this week lets me drop it! 🤞
to all our new members this week. We would love to meet you in the Welcome Thread. Stop by to say "hello" 😊
👉 If you're new here and would like some suggestions for people to follow who share your interests, we welcome you to share a bit about what you're working on and what you're like to learn and share!
- @nvsblmike had a question about using git with Ansible that was helpfully answered by @jmarhee and @kingsathurthi - We love your questions! Keep on asking and learning from Ops Community members - and thanks to those who suggested solutions 🙌
- @eyalestrin broke down some key considerations for sustainable cloud ops ♻
- we were treated to a duo of
cloud-init-centered tutorials from both @kaiwalter and @jmarhee ✨
- @avital_trifsik has been on a hot streak with back-to-back Memphis Dev content on streaming databases and search architecture 🔥
- @lboix has also been posting up a storm, with a K8s upgrade checklist, and a library of snippets they've compiled 📚 Thanks for sharing, Lucien!
- @argonaut continues the content trend for reducing cloud costs 💸
- @eriklz shared some super-handy skills progression and productivity recommendations that I'm looking forward to checking out! 🤓
- Congrats to the PagerDuty Team for getting a Japan office to hang out in! 🥳🍱 PagerDuty are also looking for guests for their podcast Page It To The Limit, so reach out to the team if you're interested or know someone who would make a great guest!
👉 Let me and the community know by commenting below. I'll be checking back with you next week to see how it went!