The Ops Community ⚙️

Cover image for What do you hope to achieve this week?
Ella (she/her/elle) for The Ops Community

Posted on

What do you hope to achieve this week?

Anyone else feel like last week went by way too fast? I swear I lost a day somewhere... I hope one of y'all just borrowed it so you could finish your own project (then maybe I'll get it back)! 😊

So here we are, Monday again - how did that go for you @jatin, @cndavu, @kikiodazie? What did your progress on your goals look like? ✨

This week I'd love to hear from @the_cozma and @alvaradodaniel3 - you've both shared some nuggets of wisdom with us in the past week, so I welcome you to tell us a little more about what you're working on and what you're hoping to achieve?

I'll share mine: I'm working on launching a newsletter for this community this week, so wish me luck! 🍀 And please don't be shy to share any requests or suggestions you might have with me - your feedback is always so educational 💛

Top comments (14)

Collapse

aigarspl profile image
Aigars Pluģis

Possibly start to make new Python "middleware" for Telegraf to connect osquery and InfluxDB (not sure yet if I should use Cloud version or host local one).
Other thing (what I technically achieved) - wait for response email from job interview.

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

Wishing you all the best for your interview, @aigarspl! And let us know whether you decide to go down cloud or local hosted routes!

Collapse

the_cozma profile image
Ana Cozma

Playing with Dapr and figuring out a good set up to a domain event pipeline would be nice to achieve this week. Other than that: hopefully wrapping up a post on some learnings from the past and starting the Google SRE Workbook a bit. Let's see how much I can get in ✌️

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

That's gonna be a good week: problems solved, new ones started, and plenty of reflection in-between! 💪

Collapse

rutamhere profile image
Rutam Prita Mishra

I would probably try to achieve my Bronze Kubernetes Badge this week by adding 4 more tutorials on different K8s tools or usecases. And probably we should have some badges for the Tutorials tag as well. I must confess that the OpsCommunity Badges are a great motivation to add more useful content for the community. Happy Learning Everyone.

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

Tutorials badges you say, Rutam?

I love that idea! So let me just make sure that @johnson_brad and @patrick_londa see this, too 😎

Collapse

johnson_brad profile image
Brad Johnson

I love this idea @rutamhere! What do you envision the icon for a tutorials badge would be?

Off the top of my head, I can think of...

• Apple and worm
  • Chalkboard with equation
  • Stack of books
  • Treasure map
  • Owl with scholar's cap
Thread Thread

rutamhere profile image
Rutam Prita Mishra

I would choose the Owl with the Scholar's Cap. Should look great as a badge.

Collapse

cndavu profile image
Charles Ndavu

managed to finish the 2 API Documentation, the client is happy. Unfortunately did not add the promised Kubernetes article, but its nearly.. "how to install Kubernetes on windows"

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

the client is happy

That sounds like success - congrats!

Kubernetes article this week, then? Anything else on your plate?

Collapse

cndavu profile image
Charles Ndavu

coding week, working on a system

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

@avital_trifsik I'm beckoning you over onto this thread to tell me more about that to-do list of yours!

How much do you have on there right now? Because I'll be honest with you, mine is so terrifying that I only dare look at the top 6-7 items. I really don't want to know how long it actually is...

Please tell me yours is more manageable!?

Collapse

alvaradodaniel3 profile image
Daniel Alvarado

Hi Ella!

Thank you for checking in! I'm working a roundup posts for this month (August) for New Relic. Be on the look out for that. :)

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

I'll be looking out for it! And I'll continue my check ins - been really enjoying the posts you've shared so far, so I'm motivated to encourage you to share more!