The Ops Community ⚙️

Cover image for What do you hope to achieve this week?
Ella (she/her/elle) for The Ops Community

Posted on

What do you hope to achieve this week?

Anyone else feel like last week went by way too fast? I swear I lost a day somewhere... I hope one of y'all just borrowed it so you could finish your own project (then maybe I'll get it back)! 😊

So here we are, Monday again - how did that go for you @jatin, @cndavu, @kikiodazie? What did your progress on your goals look like? ✨

This week I'd love to hear from @the_cozma and @alvaradodaniel3 - you've both shared some nuggets of wisdom with us in the past week, so I welcome you to tell us a little more about what you're working on and what you're hoping to achieve?

I'll share mine: I'm working on launching a newsletter for this community this week, so wish me luck! 🍀 And please don't be shy to share any requests or suggestions you might have with me - your feedback is always so educational 💛

Oldest comments (14)

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

@avital_trifsik I'm beckoning you over onto this thread to tell me more about that to-do list of yours!

How much do you have on there right now? Because I'll be honest with you, mine is so terrifying that I only dare look at the top 6-7 items. I really don't want to know how long it actually is...

Please tell me yours is more manageable!?

Collapse

cndavu profile image
Charles Ndavu

managed to finish the 2 API Documentation, the client is happy. Unfortunately did not add the promised Kubernetes article, but its nearly.. "how to install Kubernetes on windows"

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

the client is happy

That sounds like success - congrats!

Kubernetes article this week, then? Anything else on your plate?

Collapse

cndavu profile image
Charles Ndavu

coding week, working on a system

Collapse

rutamhere profile image
Rutam Prita Mishra

I would probably try to achieve my Bronze Kubernetes Badge this week by adding 4 more tutorials on different K8s tools or usecases. And probably we should have some badges for the Tutorials tag as well. I must confess that the OpsCommunity Badges are a great motivation to add more useful content for the community. Happy Learning Everyone.

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

Tutorials badges you say, Rutam?

I love that idea! So let me just make sure that @johnson_brad and @patrick_londa see this, too 😎

Collapse

johnson_brad profile image
Brad Johnson

I love this idea @rutamhere! What do you envision the icon for a tutorials badge would be?

Off the top of my head, I can think of...

• Apple and worm
  • Chalkboard with equation
  • Stack of books
  • Treasure map
  • Owl with scholar's cap
Thread Thread

rutamhere profile image
Rutam Prita Mishra

I would choose the Owl with the Scholar's Cap. Should look great as a badge.

Collapse

the_cozma profile image
Ana Cozma

Playing with Dapr and figuring out a good set up to a domain event pipeline would be nice to achieve this week. Other than that: hopefully wrapping up a post on some learnings from the past and starting the Google SRE Workbook a bit. Let's see how much I can get in ✌️

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

That's gonna be a good week: problems solved, new ones started, and plenty of reflection in-between! 💪

Collapse

aigarspl profile image
Aigars Pluģis

Possibly start to make new Python "middleware" for Telegraf to connect osquery and InfluxDB (not sure yet if I should use Cloud version or host local one).
Other thing (what I technically achieved) - wait for response email from job interview.

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

Wishing you all the best for your interview, @aigarspl! And let us know whether you decide to go down cloud or local hosted routes!

Collapse

alvaradodaniel3 profile image
Daniel Alvarado

Hi Ella!

Thank you for checking in! I'm working a roundup posts for this month (August) for New Relic. Be on the look out for that. :)

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

I'll be looking out for it! And I'll continue my check ins - been really enjoying the posts you've shared so far, so I'm motivated to encourage you to share more!