The Ops Community ⚙️

Cover image for What do you hope to achieve this week?
Ella (she/her/elle) for The Ops Community

Posted on

What do you hope to achieve this week?

Guess who got back from vacation last night and is being slow to catch up with things?

It takes a while to get back up to speed when you've spent a week eating a city (just imagine how you feel right after lunch x30), so here's this week's accountability post/summary a little later than usual...

• Awarding 1st Post badges is always a thrill, so thanks to @danielepolencic and @jilgue for giving me reasons to award them ✨ - @rbalashevich also deserves an honorable mention for their somewhat late 1st Post badge with their second post 🚀 (my bad, Roman!)
  • Continuing the late theme... overdue congrats are due to @aigarspl for starting a new role as Technical Expert with DATI Group 🍾 Looking forward to watching your career develop, Aigars!
  • And for the sake of balance I'm impatient to join @sparklingrobots at Drupal Diversity & Inclusion Camp on Friday this week, to hear Tara's brand new talk on inclusive storytelling: Stories Make Meaning. Meaning Makes Change

What about y'all? How did last week go for you, and what are you trying to check off with what's left of this one?

Latest comments (10)

Collapse

techielass profile image
Sarah Lean

I'm hoping to make a dent in some tasks I have for side hustles. Oh, and I want to trim the hedge outside the house this weekend, got a new hedge trimmer and excited to do that!

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

Side hustles and landscaping! @techielass has an epic weekend ahead! I think some radiator-painting is in my future, so I know who gets the best-smelling task out of the both of us... 😷

Collapse

aigarspl profile image
Aigars Pluģis

Thanks for greetings here! I am actually really looking forward on my career and experience grow-up in my new workplace. So far I love to work there. 😉

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

Ah happy to hear that! How are you enjoying city life?

Collapse

aigarspl profile image
Aigars Pluģis

Currently having a big rush on time planning because I have to wake up really early to get to public transport (obviously, to get to job). Otherwise I'm still in adapting process to figure out best schedules and also figure out given chances by city.

Thread Thread

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

It's a brave new world! Take it slow. Once you figure out your work schedule, you'll be able to build your life around that.

I do not miss my morning commute, I'll tell you that! I used to get the 8:30 tram from right outside my front door, but 8:30-anything is too much for me 😅 Shout-out to all my fellow Wolf Chronotype-buddies 🐺 the struggle is real!

Collapse

patrick_londa profile image
Patrick Londa

This week, I'm working on researching and writing a blog post about getting Helm charts approved for use at an organization. Hoping to live up to the standard of the other great posts in this community about Helm by @the_cozma, @derlin, and @hrittikhere!

Collapse

hrittikhere profile image
Hrittik Roy

I look forward to the blog 🤩

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

The bar is set! Looking forward to it!

Collapse

aaron_fowler_d1d9e565e853 profile image
Aaron Fowler

Thanks for sharing @ellativity! We are looking for React developers to test our workflow and provide feedback. If you know React and work with create react app, feel free to use the tutorial link below to get started. Let me know if you have any questions!

docs.trustacks.io/overview