Hi everyone! Welcome to the PagerDuty Community Weekly Update! This is the last full week with everyone on our team “in the office”!
PagerDuty was nominated for Best End-to-End DevOps Tool/Service in the DevOps Dozen 2022 Awards.
Voting is now open! Lots of tough competition here–we’d be honored to have your vote for PagerDuty.
Scott built a little CLI utility for creating new Terraform projects with the PagerDuty provider defined. Have a look and let us know what you think! The project is called pdtf.
The season of code freezes are upon us, which means teams are locked out of prod and have time to explore new ideas and functionality - like automation.
- Does your team suffer from toil? Lots of teams are still struggling to deal with all the tasks that need to get done in complex environments. Learn more about toil and what you can do about it with your team in this blog post by Damon Edwards.
- Looking for guidance on modern IT automation? Check out this webinar, New Best Practices for Designing Self-Service Automation for IT Processes
Follow along for the rest of the month on the Rundeck Twitter account as we share helpful automation content and interesting things you can consider while your code is frozen.
Where in the world is PagerDuty DevRel? It’s almost the end of the year, so things are slowing down.
- On the 13th and 14th, Mandi and the EMEA PagerDuty folks will be at DevOpsDays Tel Aviv! Registration is open now, but only for Day 2. Good thing that's when Mandi's session is ;)!
- In January, we’ll be at CodeMash in Sandusky, Ohio Jan 11-13th! Scott will have a talk, Reduce System Fragility with Terraform and PagerDuty will have a booth!
We hope to see you! Say hi, we might have PagerDuty stickers. :D
We’ll be back with more events in the new year!
This week we have an episode about Developer Communities with Mary Thengvall and Julie Gunderson. Subscribe to Page it to the Limit so you never miss an episode.
Have a suggestion for a guest we should have on? Let us know! We’re looking for guests for Q1 2023 to record in November and December. That could be YOU!
We’re looking for a modern NOC story if you have some experience there and would like to share!
We’re on Twitch three times a week, covering all things PagerDuty. Our regular shows are:
- PagerDuty Garage, the show about the PagerDuty API: Mondays at 10am Eastern / 7am Pacific
- Terraform Time: Mondays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific
- HowTo Happy Hour: Fridays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific.
This week we’ll have Rich Lafferty on the stream Friday afternoon to chat with us about code freezes, toil, and whatever else comes up! Join us at 2pm EST/11am PST!
Next Friday the 16th, the Season’s Freezings will continue on the HowTo Happy Hour with Jake Cohen talking about Automated Diagnostics! 12:30pm EST / 9:30am PST!
If you have a question about PagerDuty, check out our Community Forums for advice from friendly folks. If you’d like to be on our podcast or Twitch, or just say hi, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear what you’re doing with PagerDuty!
And….are you still hanging out on Twitter? Where are people gathering these days? Have you joined Mastodon?