Hi everyone! Welcome to the PagerDuty Community Weekly Update! Here you’ll find what’s going on in PagerDuty land.
The PagerDuty Life Hacks challenge is open until September 9th. Do you have an interesting or unusual use for PagerDuty? Does it help you run your smart home, or alert you when a product becomes available at your favorite retailer? Let us know!
Last week, Scott gave two talks at KCDC on Terraform and Flexbox/CSS Grid. Check out those smiling faces:
We have live in-person sessions coming up!
- In September, Mandi will be at DevOpsDays Charlotte the 8th and 9th to present Plan for Unplanned Work: Game Days with Chaos Engineering and DevOpsDays DC the 15th and 16th to co-present Reducing Trauma in Production with SLOs and Chaos Engineering with Julie Gunderson.
- Kat will be at Dreamforce (!), September 19-22 in San Francisco, to present Automate Incident Response Between Operations & Customers, and at ElevateCX September 29 & 30 in Denver, to give her talk Happy Agents = Happy Customers.
- Scott is taking his talk Built-in Testing in Go is More Than Just Passable to GoLab.io October 2-4 in Florence, Italy!
We hope to see you!
Mandi joined a webinar with our friends from Honeycomb and StormForge to talk about Taking Your SRE Team to the Next Level. If you missed it, don’t worry! Catch it on demand.
Scott will be hosting the quarterly Terraform Round Table on August 30. If your team uses Terraform to manage your PagerDuty environment, or you’d like to, sign up!
Did you know we have a podcast? Add Page it to the Limit to your favorite podcast app, or listen to all of our episodes online. Our most recent episode features Barak Brudo from Scribe Security, giving us all the details on Software Bills of Materials.
If you’re not familiar with our show, a couple of our favorite episodes are Performance Management with Ted Neward, Psychological Safety with Tom Geraghty, and Support Career Stories with Pablo Gonzalez, Andra Burck, and Isabella Applen.
We publish new episodes about twice a month, so make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any.
We’re on Twitch three times a week, covering all things PagerDuty. Our regular shows are:
- PagerDuty Garage, the show about the PagerDuty API: Mondays at 10am Eastern / 7am Pacific
- Terraform Time: Mondays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific
- HowTo Happy Hour: Fridays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific.
Recently, we also had two guest shows on our channel.
First, the folks from Arize AI joined us to show off their new PagerDuty integration. Their product detects issues with machine learning models and lets teams know via PagerDuty. Learn more in the video here!
In a case of excellent timing, our own data team shared their experiences with data drift errors in some of their models on the PagerDuty blog.
On Tuesday, Forrest Evans joined us to talk about the new fixes and features in the 4.5.0 release of Process Automation and Rundeck Open Source, featuring a new plugin for Sumo Logic and new support for SSH-RSA 2 keys for Github. We’ll have the automation folks back on later this month to talk about the 4.6.0 launch when it’s ready!
On call is PagerDuty’s original claim to fame, but it can also be a challenge for folks. Teams that are new to having on call responsibilities can have a lot of stress about how to handle their new duties. There have been a number of really interesting posts from around the industry recently, so we added some new resources to our Best Practices for On Call Teams Ops Guide.
You can check out our other Ops Guides on topics like Postmortems, Full Service Ownership, and Customer Service Ops in the Ops Guides directory.
If you have a question about PagerDuty, check out our Community Forums for advice from friendly folks. If you’d like to be on our podcast or Twitch, or just say hi, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear what you’re doing with PagerDuty!