September is global preparedness month for PagerDuty employees. Through multiple interactive, fun and cross-functional activities, endorsed by our Senior Leadership, employees get prepared to act in moments of crisis. We do this because we run our services 24x7 and so do most of our customers.
To handle moments of crisis the same way that we do, by using PagerDuty Operations Cloud, check out the blog post and don’t miss the references to the Crisis Response Management Operations Guide for all the details on how to do it.
We’ll also have Jason Flint, Senior Manager of Facilities and Crisis Response, on The Unplanned Show on September 11 at 1pm PT.
Operational efficiency is as critical within the IT and engineering teams as any other part of the business. Automating repetitive tasks and reducing escalations within and to these teams is of immense value. This task requires a certain set of skills that only a limited number of people inside the organization have. Or does it?
To help our customers achieve their goals with automation, we announced public Early Access for AI-Generated Runbooks. Now, Runbook Automation users can write the task they wish to automate in plain-English and let AI build a template of automation for that particular task.
Check out the blog post to learn more about this new experience. Don’t miss the videos on the blog post explaining some potential scenarios for the use of AI-Generated Runbooks.
SMS has been present in our lives for so long that we assume it is a technology that doesn’t fail. It is used as a second factor of authentication for many critical services, such as banking, so it must be flawless.
What if I told you that these assumptions are not entirely true? There are multiple challenges if you use SMS notifications globally due to laws and regulations in different countries that cause SMS messages not to be delivered.
Check out this blog post to learn more about the best practices that will help you reduce the probability of missing a notification. Don’t miss the video on the blog post providing a deeper dive into the topic.
Data has become the lifeblood of businesses, empowering organizations to make more informed decisions, drive innovation, and gain a competitive edge. At PagerDuty, we seek to empower our customers to make data-driven decisions in their journey toward a resilient operational foundation that keeps costly downtime to a minimum.
Last week we announced the general availability of new analytics capabilities, that include insights reports, recommendations report, operational reviews and the analytics API that will allow you to integrate your analytics data in any other platform you may use.
Where in the world is PagerDuty DevRel? September is packed with PagerDuty Advocates worldwide in London, Taiwan, and Atlanta!
- Tara will present Resilience: Building a burnout-resistant life in developer relations at DevRelCon, September 7-8.
- The following week, Kat and Mandi will be at SREDay, September 14-15. Kat will present Mastering Incident Communications, and Mandi opens the show with Futuristic Luxury Incident Response. Want to join us? Use code SREDAY-25% to save on your ticket!
- Mandi will be at DevOpsDays Atlanta to present Reducing Trauma in Production with SLOs and Chaos Engineering with Julie Gunderson, September 18 and 19.
- Kat will bring another round of Mastering Incident Communications to DevOpsDays Taipei September 25-26.
Other Dutonians you’ll find out and about:
- Mitra Goswami, Senior Director of Data Science, and Manu Gurudatha, Senior Director, Software Engineering, will be presenting Let’s Adopt Generative AI at Data Science Salon September 19 in Miami.
- Software Engineer Todd Whitney will be speaking at HashiConf! He’ll be presenting HashiCorp upgrades the PagerDuty way.
Find more Dutonians at our global events. We hope to see you! Say hi, we might have PagerDuty stickers. :D
If you missed AWS Howdy Partner with PagerDuty with Dormain Drewitz (Vice President, Platform Advocacy) and Vinh T. (Senior Solutions Consultant), you can catch the replay on LinkedIn.
New episode this week with Gene Gotimer on Threat Modeling. If you want to know how to get started with Threat Modeling and not lose focus or get off track in what-ifs, I recommend listening to this episode!
Subscribe to Page it to the Limit so you never miss an episode. We’ve got a bunch of great episodes in the pipeline for you!
Dormain was also a guest on Episode #84 of Happy Path Programming, “Inevitable Failure.”
Our regular shows are:
- The Unplanned Show with Dormain! Mondays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific!
- Terraform Time! Wednesdays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific with José Antonio!
- HowTo Happy Hour: Fridays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific.
If you have a question about PagerDuty, check out our Community Forums for advice from friendly folks. If you’d like to be on our podcast or Twitch, or just say hi, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear what you’re doing with PagerDuty!