Hi everyone! Welcome to the PagerDuty Community Weekly Update! Here you’ll find what’s going on in PagerDuty land.
It’s back to school time in the northern hemisphere. If you’re looking for some PagerDuty learning, PagerDuty University has you covered.
One more week for the PagerDuty Life Hacks challenge! Do you have an interesting or unusual use for PagerDuty? Does it help you run your smart home, or alert you when a product becomes available at your favorite retailer? Let us know!
Thinking about automation? Madeline Zemer wrote this post for The New Stack outlining some of the challenges and opportunities organizations face when automating.
We have live in-person sessions coming up!
- Next week, Mandi will be at DevOpsDays Charlotte the 8th and 9th to present Plan for Unplanned Work: Game Days with Chaos Engineering. Then she’ll be at DevOpsDays DC the 15th and 16th to co-present Reducing Trauma in Production with SLOs and Chaos Engineering with Julie Gunderson.
- Kat will be at DeveloperWeek Cloud September 7-8 in Austin live/September 13-14 virtually to give her talk Happy Agents = Happy Customers, Dreamforce (!), September 19-22 in San Francisco, to present Automate Incident Response Between Operations & Customers, and at ElevateCX September 29 & 30 in Denver, to give her talk Happy Agents = Happy Customers.
- Scott is taking his talk Built-in Testing in Go is More Than Just Passable to GoLab.io October 2-4 in Florence, Italy and at Indy.Code() October 19!
We hope to see you! Say hi, we might have PagerDuty stickers. :D
Scott hosted the quarterly Terraform Round Table on Tuesday. He and José Antonio Reyes, the new PagerDuty Terraform Provider developer, showed off some of the latest features added to the provider over the last few months. Then the group came off mute and discussed several topics such as event orchestration and leading practices for effective PagerDuty account configuration. If you missed this quarter, the next one will be November 17. Register now!
Mandi will be part of the Community of Practice Roundtable session at ChefConf on September 13.
Tara will be presenting Stories Make Meaning. Meaning Makes Change at Drupal Diversity & Inclusion Camp. Join Tara for a deep dive into storytelling & how it can help you at work. Yes, even if you're an engineer.
We have upcoming episodes on Runbook Automation, Service Mesh, and other great topics! Subscribe to Page it to the Limit on your favorite podcast app, or listen online.
We publish new episodes about twice a month, so make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any.
We’re on Twitch three times a week, covering all things PagerDuty. Our regular shows are:
- PagerDuty Garage, the show about the PagerDuty API: Mondays at 10am Eastern / 7am Pacific
- Terraform Time: Mondays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific
- HowTo Happy Hour: Fridays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific. Follow our channel for alerts when we go live! You can also view our most recent episodes on Twitch. You can see some of our earlier streams on the YouTube playlist.
The Process Automation folks will be back with us on September 13th at 1pm Eastern / 10am Pacific to talk about the 4.6.0 release! Missed the 4.5.0 stream? It’s on YouTube.
Coming up later in September, our data science folks will be joining the HowTo Happy Hour to talk about some of the features of Intelligent Alert Grouping. Stay tuned for more info!
This week, PagerDuty lost a dear friend and colleague, Phylicia (PJ) Jones. PJ was a force of nature and will be greatly missed.
If you have a question about PagerDuty, check out our Community Forums for advice from friendly folks. If you’d like to be on our podcast or Twitch, or just say hi, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear what you’re doing with PagerDuty!