Hi everyone! Welcome to the PagerDuty Community Weekly Update! Happy Halloween to you spooky people out there.
Monday is Halloween. Here’s a spooky tweet with a cute hedgehog to set the mood.
This week, rundeck.com has a brand new look!
New features are coming to PagerDuty in November! Sign up for our webinar Evolve to Resolve: Fewer Incidents, Faster Response on November 3!
Where in the world is PagerDuty DevRel?
Scott will be talking Flexbox and CSS at Connect.Tech in Atlanta, Nov 7-9!
In December, Mandi and the EMEA PagerDuty folks will be at DevOpsDays Tel Aviv! Registration is open now!
We hope to see you! Say hi, we might have PagerDuty stickers. :D
A bunch of Dutonians are recovering from KubeCon North America this week! We’re going a bit more green, so instead of bringing a lot of swag, we’re making donations to Girl Develop IT Detroit and the Detroit Dog Rescue based on visitors’ choice!
We’re also gearing up for AWS Re:Invent at the end of November. Scott and Mandi will be in the PagerDuty booth!
Don’t miss it! A PagerDuty User Group is meeting in our Atlanta office, November 15th! Sign up to come learn more and hang out with other PagerDuty users! We’ll be talking Automation, followed by a happy hour!
- Mandi will be returning to All Day DevOps this year with Plan for Unplanned Work: Game Days with Chaos Engineering on November 10.
- Kat will be joined by Julie Gunderson of AWS and Paula Thrasher, Senior Director, Engineering Infrastructure here at PagerDuty for a webinar on November 17: Humans, Robots, and Incident Response!
The next quarterly Terraform Roundtable is coming up on November 17! Connect with fellow users who configure PagerDuty with Terraform. Scott will give a brief state of Terraform at PagerDuty update, and then we open the floor for everyone to ask each other questions! Join us next month!
Have a suggestion for a guest we should have on? Let us know! We’re looking for guests for Q1 2023 to record in November and December. That could be YOU! We’re looking for a modern NOC story if there’s anyone out there who has some experience there and would like to share!
We’re on Twitch three times a week, covering all things PagerDuty. Our regular shows are:
- PagerDuty Garage, the show about the PagerDuty API: Mondays at 10am Eastern / 7am Pacific
- Terraform Time: Mondays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific
- HowTo Happy Hour: Fridays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific. Follow our channel for alerts when we go live! You can also view our most recent episodes on Twitch. You can see some of our earlier streams on the YouTube playlist.
On Monday’s episode of PagerDuty Garage, Mandi walked through PagerDuty’s app that posts the current oncall user to a team’s Slack channel and talked about some alternatives. You can get the code on our Github.
Does your organization still rely on a NOC (Network Operations Center)? You might have some NOC Process Hangovers. Learn more on the blog!
If you have a question about PagerDuty, check out our Community Forums for advice from friendly folks. If you’d like to be on our podcast or Twitch, or just say hi, email us at email@example.com. We’d love to hear what you’re doing with PagerDuty!