Happy Friday everyone! Welcome to the PagerDuty Community Weekly Update! Here you’ll find what’s going on in PagerDuty land.
The PagerDuty Life Hacks challenge is open until September 9th. Do you have an interesting or unusual use for PagerDuty? Does it help you run your smart home, or alert you when a product becomes available at your favorite retailer? Let us know!
Setting the Standard
Service Standards are now available in all PagerDuty accounts. Ensure that all of your team’s services meet your organizational configuration requirements. Find out more on the blog!
Find us in person!
We have live in-person sessions coming up!
- In September, Mandi will be at DevOpsDays Charlotte the 8th and 9th to present Plan for Unplanned Work: Game Days with Chaos Engineering and DevOpsDays DC the 15th and 16th to co-present Reducing Trauma in Production with SLOs and Chaos Engineering with Julie Gunderson.
- Kat will be at Dreamforce (!), September 19-22 in San Francisco, to present Automate Incident Response Between Operations & Customers, and at ElevateCX September 29 & 30 in Denver, to give her talk Happy Agents = Happy Customers.
- Tara will be presenting Stories Make Meaning. Meaning Makes Change at Drupal Diversity & Inclusion Camp. Join Tara for a deep dive into storytelling & how it can help you at work. Yes, even if you're an engineer.
- Scott is taking his talk Built-in Testing in Go is More Than Just Passable to GoLab.io October 2-4 in Florence, Italy and at Indy.Code() October 19!
We hope to see you!
We’re also virtual!
Scott will be hosting the quarterly Terraform Round Table on August 30. If your team uses Terraform to manage your PagerDuty environment, or you’d like to, sign up!
Mandi will be part of the Community of Practice Roundtable session at ChefConf on September 13.
New in the Terraform Provider
The PagerDuty Terraform provider v2.6.0 was released last week. This release adds a new data source for pagerduty_users along with other changes.
On the Podcast
Did you know we have a podcast? Add Page it to the Limit to your favorite podcast app, or listen to all of our episodes online. Our most recent episode features Barak Brudo from Scribe Security, giving us all the details on Software Bills of Materials.
We have upcoming episodes on Runbook Automation, Service Mesh, and other great topics!
We publish new episodes about twice a month, so make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any.
We’re on Twitch three times a week, covering all things PagerDuty. Our regular shows are:
- PagerDuty Garage, the show about the PagerDuty API: Mondays at 10am Eastern / 7am Pacific
- Terraform Time: Mondays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific
- HowTo Happy Hour: Fridays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific. Follow our channel for alerts when we go live! You can also view our most recent episodes on Twitch. You can see some of our earlier streams on the YouTube playlist.
The Process Automation folks will be back with us on September 13th at 1pm Eastern / 10am Pacific to talk about the 4.6.0 release! Missed the 4.5.0 stream? It’s on YouTube!
Find out what Process Automation can do for you! There’s a new customer story about Process Automation up now on the PagerDuty website. Brink’s took a long, hard look at their workload and found they were spending a lot of time on manual processes. They used PagerDuty Process Automation to help them save time and resources!
Did you miss PagerDuty Summit 2022? All the sessions are now on our YouTube Channel! Check out the Summit 2022 Playlist for great sessions from PagerDuty, our partners, and our customers.
Get in Touch
If you have a question about PagerDuty, check out our Community Forums for advice from friendly folks. If you’d like to be on our podcast or Twitch, or just say hi, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear what you’re doing with PagerDuty!
Top comments (3)
I need to know more about this! I bought a ticket for the event so that I can attend Tara's presentation.
Hi! So glad you're coming. :D It's a brand new talk, but the short version is I'll be digging into storytelling methods, why they help folks stay engaged, and how to look at more inclusive models than just the standard Hero's Journey or similar arcs. Can't wait to see you there @ellativity!
This is just ticking so many boxes for me, @sparklingrobots - I'll be there for your talk and the audience reactions!