This week we welcomed our new Community Manager, Xenda Amici! She’s joining the team in Lisbon, and will be working to make our community forums and other resources great!
Here’s a bit about Xenda:
👋 Hey folks,
I’m Xenda, and I’m so excited to join the all-star PagerDuty Community team! ⭐Fun fact about my name: Xenda means “path” in Basque language, while my last name Amici translates to friends in Italian.
I'm an enthusiast of bonding with people. For me, it's all about exchanging experiences and learning from each other. I’m here to help our dev community shine and thrive and make it a go-to space to share, learn and... have a bit of fun! If you haven’t so, join me at https://community.pagerduty.com/forum/ and say hi. Let’s connect!
Before joining PagerDuty, I was a Community Manager at the AI translation start-up, worked in Customer Relationship Management and was also a producer and copywriter for a news website, TV and radio host in Brazil.
I love singing, running, cycling and staying up to date to all things music, movies and series. I'm from Brazil, living in Lisbon for 6 years. I've lived in Brooklyn, Washington DC and on cruise ships for some time (years at sea count twice lol).
Where in the world is PagerDuty DevRel? September is packed with PagerDuty Advocates worldwide in London, Taiwan, and Atlanta!
- Tara will present Resilience: Building a burnout-resistant life in developer relations at DevRelCon, September 7-8.
- The following week, Kat and Mandi will be at SREDay, September 14-15. Kat will present Mastering Incident Communications, and Mandi opens the show with Futuristic Luxury Incident Response. Want to join us? Use code SREDAY-25% to save on your ticket!
- Mandi will be at DevOpsDays Atlanta to present Reducing Trauma in Production with SLOs and Chaos Engineering with Julie Gunderson, September 18 and 19.
- Kat will bring another round of Mastering Incident Communications to DevOpsDays Taipei Sept 25-26.
Other Dutonians you’ll find out and about:
- Mitra Goswami, Senior Director of Data Science, will be presenting Let’s Adopt Generative AI at Data Con LA, tomorrow, August 12 at the University of Southern California.
- PagerDuty CISO Heather Hinton will be presenting DevSecOps + Generative AI: Recipe for Success or Disaster? at DeveloperWeek CloudX. Heather’s talk will be Wednesday, August 16th at 3pm.
Find more Dutonians at our global events.
We hope to see you! Say hi, we might have PagerDuty stickers. :D
- It’s time for the quarterly Terraform roundtable! Sign up to join us and chat about all things Terraform and PagerDuty! August 22, at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific on Zoom!
Next week will be our 95th episode! Mandi talked to PagerDuty CTO Tim Armandpour about the current landscape for incident response and where the state of the art is headed.
We’re always looking for guests for the show, so get in touch if you’d like to be on an episode, or have a suggestion for who we should talk to!
- The Unplanned Show with Dormain! Mondays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific!
- Terraform Time! Wednesdays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific with José Antonio!
- HowTo Happy Hour: Fridays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific.
Episode 8 of The Unplanned Show is now on YouTube featuring Martin Van Son talking about Platform Engineering.
Upcoming guests on The Unplanned Show include:
- August 14: James Urquhart on flow architectures
- August 21: Mitra Goswami on generative AI
- August 28: Donnie Berkholz on ITIL and DevOps
If you have a question about PagerDuty, check out our Community Forums for advice from friendly folks. If you’d like to be on our podcast or Twitch, or just say hi, email us at email@example.com. We’d love to hear what you’re doing with PagerDuty!