The Ops Community ⚙️

Discussion on: IaC Hot Reload with Pulumi Watch

Collapse

techwatching profile image
Alexandre Nédélec

@ellativity do you know why the gif image is not displayed? It works fine on dev.to.

Collapse

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

It does, because DEV is hosted on different infrastructure to other Forems. Here is the still-open issue in the Forem repo that explains why file sizes are more restrictive on The Ops Community.

If you're able to reduce your image file size and upload again, that should fix it, but it's a bit frustrating there's no error message. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll add a line to the FAQs about it, in case someone else should try to find this info.

Collapse

Alexandre Nédélec

Thanks for the explanation. Do you know the exact size? I did not find it in the GitHub issue.

Thread Thread

ellativity profile image
Ella (she/her/elle)

I searched through a lot of similar issues in their repo and wasn't able to find an exact size.

From the exchange in this issue, I'm not sure they have it documented but there's a suggestion it might be the number of frames in the gif that's causing the error. I realize that doesn't really help in your case!

Do you mind uploading each frame as a separate image? That's going to lengthen your post considerably, but at least all of your screenshots will be displayed.

Thread Thread

Alexandre Nédélec

Done. I did what you suggested. It's a bit unfortunate not to be able to use gif (I tried with only a few frames but that did not work) so I hope the forem issue will sometimes be solved.